Our Boys

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Team Clancy has their own blog...

I seem to be getting more and more emails with the first line of "We've got our own blog" and as the story goes, I really enjoy reading them so I figured why not...we've got our own blog!!!!

I am not sure how much I will keep up with it nor do I really know how interesting it will be, but for our close family and friends that we find it so difficult to keep in touch with, here's everything you want to know. I will try to keep it somewhat up to date with the everyday going ons of Team Clancy.

So for my first post...what's new? Well, summer is coming to a close and I am now officially back to work. I love my job, I really do, I just find it difficult to adjust to no longer being on my time schedule but rather following a very exact 50 minute bell schedule. I miss my back yard, my puppies, my flowers, feeling relaxed when Brett gets home form work...all the good stuff of being a "Stay At Home Wife". It is back to reality and i am again figuring out how I am supposed to work all day, clean the house, cook dinner, love my dogs and my husband and maintain to raging social life that I have become accustomed to. I suppose I will manage.

Brett has had a rough week as he had a root canal last Tuesday which became infected and caused immense pain through the weekend. He took Monday off work and of course when the doctor was able to see him on Tuesday the pain had subsided. That's the way it goes I guess.

I digress, as I said before we had a great summer. It began over Memorial Day weekend with a great trip to Oklahoma City to celebrate the wedding of our good friends Adam and Liz. We made a weekend out of it and spent a night in Fort Worth, TX. We ate some pretty good grub and of course came away with our very own cowboy hats.

I taught summer school which was a short 6 weeks 4 days week for 3 hours. What a great way to make some money and still have the day to play. We had an estate sale for Brett's mom's house and are well on our way to selling the house and finishing everything to do with the estate. It had a been a long haul but one we are looking forward to putting behind us. My parents came to Wheaton to celebrate my Master's graduation (actually we didn't go to the ceremony). We had a great weekend and then Ben stayed with us for the week. We celebrated his 17th birthday at Ditka's Steakhouse, where we actually sat at the table next to Da Coach. Later in July Brett, the dogs, and I drove to Washington, where Brett stayed for the weekend, and Lucy, Tucker, and I stayed the week. Scott then drove back with us and we had a nice visit with him. He accompanied me on my first trip to Chinatown which was quite the experience. We have spent the last few weeks trying to get out lives back in order.

So that is where we're at now. I hope this finds everyone well and be looking for the next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, i finally got my jumbled mess of emails from small colleges from places like saint mary's, maryland, and no-name-college-with-an-attractive-lake-or-ski-resort near it interested in my psat scores, junk mail supposedly selling vicadin and male enhancement pills at great deals, and emails from friends sorted out and i found a link from a certain sister of mine for a blog for a certain family i have become related to. I had a wonderful time in Chicago and i can't wait to come root for my new team in October! Go Illini!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...