Our Boys

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Surprise!!!

What a great weekend I had surprising my little brothers. I flew home on Friday and neither of them knew. It was in part to surprise Scotty for his 16th birthday and in part because I had a long weekend. Both Ben and Scott were super surprised. I called Scott when we got home from the airport and talked to him until I got to the door, then knocked. He was shocked when he got to the door. Then I sat in Ben's dark room when he got home and the look on his face was priceless. It really was a wonderful weekend. It was relaxing and didn't fly by like it usually does when I am home.
Friday night, I helped the boys shop for Valentine goodies for the lady friends in their life. On Saturday, Ben and I shopped 'til we dropped at the Outlets and then both boys were off on their dates.









Scott and Stephanie went Swing dancing! and Ben and Shannon went to Sarris' Chocolate and then McDonald's.

Dad had to cook at the restaurant so Mom and I stayed home and enjoyed chocolate martini's, chocolate covered strawberries, and a good chic flick, No Reservations with Catherine Zeta Jones.



Sunday we had some family and friends over to celebrate Scotty's big day. This led to the highlight of the weekend:


Back up to Friday when Ben, Scott and I went to Sam's. We spotted a double layer cookie cake with frosting in the middle and on top. We were drooling. Fast forward back to Sunday, Ben and I are standing in the kitchen discussing the cake Mom bought and Ben says again how good the cookie cakes sounds. So, we swindle $20 and a Sam's Club card from Dad and Ben and Shannon ran and bought the cake. Ben, Shannon, Stephanie, Scott, and I hid in Ben's room and we surprised Scotty with a cookie cake. The only thing was I made them swear they would still eat dinner and eat the cake mom bought. So, there is still a bit of cookie cake hidden under Ben's bed. Hi Mom! :-)

Monday was a bit sad as usual. Ben went to school and Scott went for a half a day.
While Mom got ready, Scotty and I went to my fav restaurant (other than the South Side) in PA, Eat 'n' Park, for my favorite dessert - Grilled Stickies A La Mode! After that we picked up mom and headed to the South Side for lunch with Dad and Aunt Sondra.




Off to the airport for a tearful good bye but sweet memories of another wonderful trip home.
I was greeted at the door by puppies and hubby and we went to Chipotle for a V Day dinner! Brett bought me the Mamma Mia soundtrack - he really loves me!

3 comments:

Emmy said...

#1-your brothers are giants.
#2-the cake from sam's sounds like heaven, I might have to get that sometime soon.
#3-grilled stickies.......YUM.

glad that you had a nice weekend :)

Chic Runner said...

Hey girl. So I usually just run in cotton socks, but I do have a pair of like 'running socks' (or biking or whatever) socks that I got from a running store, but I rarely wear those. I have never had a problem with cotton socks, but it all depends on your preference. Just test out different kinds and see what your favorites are. :) Good luck!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Aw, sounds like you had a great trip home - I love that you were able to surprise your brothers! Also - don't know what grilled stickies are, but I kinda think I desperately need one right now, ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...