Our Boys

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I know I should have posted this yesterday, but I consider myself to always be a little behind in the blog world, perhaps the real world too, but that is a different story. Anyway, Mothers Day was kind of exciting because my brother and I arranged a video call between my family in PA and myself. So, early yesterday morning, Scotty sat my Mom in front of the computer and she delighted to see my shining face talking to her and moving in real time. Pretty cool! We used Skype and while sometimes the sound went in and out and it didn't have THE clearest picture, the whole idea is so cool! Scotty also snagged her gift out of the mail so I was able to watch her open it! I sent her an orange cake mix (she can't find them in her grocery store, but we have them here) and a bracelet from the French market in Wheaton. The bracelet is silver and twists sightly to be able to have the entire Lord's Prayer engraved in it. Pretty neat! I didn't say this in the card I sent, but my intention was sort of to remind her that I am always praying for her.

While I am not going to get all mushy and stuff, I would like to say that I think she is the greatest mom in the world. We have a to in common, maybe even some things I wish we didn't have in common (just teasing), but I consider myself lucky to have had her as my role model. She taught me so many things that I have helped to mold me into who I am. So, on this (day after) Mother's Day I say to my mom - "Thank you and I love you!"

Mom and I posing at "The Bean", August '06


Brett's mom passed away one year ago last week. I haven't mentioned it on here because I have to admit I really don't know what to say. It has affected our lives in a way I can't really describe. Yesterday was somewhat bitter sweet as she was certainly on our minds all day. What Brett and I can both agree on, is that we are lucky to have these women in our life who raised to be the people we are.

Brett opening a golf club from his mom, Christmas '06
To all the other mom's out there, I hope you too had a fabulous day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...