Our Boys

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Update on the "growings" on in our yard!

Last summer my mom was visiting and gave me tons of help and advice regarding gardening. She helped me to plant a perennial garden and some things to fill the empty space. Lots of the plants are transplanted straight from her yard in PA so that makes it extra special. Here is what is happening in our yard:

The lilacs that border our whole front yard and smell so wonderful!


The hydrangea in the front yard. Planted late in summer of '07 because I bought it off the clearance rack at Lowe's. It always comes back and has beautiful pink blooms. Balloon flowers outside of our bedroom window. These are from mom's garden in PA. This plant is so dainty and pretty As you can see it has small blue flowers all over. I bought this at a yard sale last year and don't know what it is called.
Tansy Sun Ferns from Mom's garden. Wilow bush bought at the end of the last year. It is struggling because the rabbits scratched at it all winter.
And here is the perennial garden. I know it still doesn't look like much but it will take a while to fill in. Almost all of this is from Mom's garden!

This is the BIG pot I did this year. It is not quite done, but I love it already. It took 120 lbs. of dirt to fill that pot!

Our beautiful azalea that blooms every spring. This is what it looked like when we looked at our house and I loved it even then!

And last but not least, the newest addition to our yard...Chuck the squirrel. He stares at Brett and I and taunts the dogs all while emptying my BIRD feeders.

Well there it is! It is not much but we are getting there. We plan on mulching this weekend, weather permitting, and that should improve the looks of the place as well!

3 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

wow, i'm so impressed with your gardening! and so fun that some of the plants are from her yard!

Jon and Steph said...

Your garden is great! I love lilac! I bet it smells amazing and it's just so pretty.

Anonymous said...

i am so glad to see that the perennials are growing in the flower garden-since it was planted in memory of Bretts mom. get that squirrel away from the bird feeder-he will eat it all!!love. momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...