I have been off work since December 23, you would think I would have made a little time for more blogging, but nope. So, please excuse this jumbled mess of thoughts going through my head.
- Planning for a baby is overwhelming. Brett and I registered at both Target and Babies R Us and while I sort of know what we need, it is a very overwhelming feeling trying to decide exactly which nail clippers will be best for your baby! HAHA! I know, I know....women have been having babies for a long time with a fraction of the stuff we will be blessed to have. This being our first baby, though, I want everything to be perfect.
- We know the sex of the baby. We have told our immediate families, but that's it....IT'S KILLING ME!!!!!!! I am so excited I just want to tell the world - which would be why I told the lady on the phone with the insurance company this morning and the cashier at Whole Foods.
- Speaking, of knowing the sex, we picked out bedding which is what the theme of the nursery will be. I am not a them-ey sort of person, so it is basically just the color scheme. We will get a few pieces from the bedding set and then coordinate from there.
- Last night, I made dinner....twice, because the first was not edible. I wanted to try this delicious looking lemon pasta from Pioneer Woman. I got the sauce all done (with no lights on in the kitchen) and when I turned the overhead stove light on, there were blue chunks in the white sauce. I am truly at a loss for an explanation and no the sour cream was not moldy.
- I would really like to go away for a long weekend, preferably someplace warm. Unfortunately, if I wait until Spring break, I will be 33 weeks pregnant (WHAT????) and I don't want to travel at that point. Soooo, I am looking for a long weekend relatively soon and relatively cheap. Any ideas? Anyone want to come? Oh, Brett is most likely going on a golfing trip with his buddies in Florida, so I may be counting him out on this trip....just kidding, honey! But seriously, anyone want to go somewhere???
- All I want to eat is cookies, cake, brownies...you get the picture!
- As I said at the beginning, I have been off work since December 23 and go back this Monday. I know that most people will have no sympathy for me whatsoever, but I really don't want to go back. I love being home with these sweet things. I love sipping coffee in the morning, baking warm muffins, being caught up with laundry and having a semi-clean house.
- My brother bought this for the baby for Christmas....the baby is a Steelers fan already!
Happy Friday, friends!