Our Boys

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Look Ahead

Here it is, January 1, 2011. I am curled up on our couch with both puppies under my blanket, each cuddling up to a leg. The Christmas tree lights are on, Brett is snoozing away in the bedroom, and the wind is blowing furiously outside. There is a baby wiggling inside of me (probably because of the M&M cookie I just ate for breakfast). I couldn't feel more blessed. It seems that every time I turn around I read or a hear a story of heartache. Of truly good people that have bee thrown into a whirlwind of suffering - death, sickness, loss, infertility, etc. You get the picture. While Brett and I have surely had our ups and downs in the past 5+ years, I feel that we have come through stronger and more faithful than ever. We are so blessed in ways I couldn't even have imagined.

I don't know what 2011 will bring. It will hopefully bring a healthy baby into our life. It will hold moments of sheer joy that we wish we could hold onto forever. There is a chance that it could bring sadness because we don't always know what God has in store. Whatever 2011 will hold, I know that it is all part of our plan. I have always held deep in my heart that there is a reason for everything, that nothing comes by chance. 2011 will be no different.

Happy New Year!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful 2011! You're right, we don't know what lies ahead, but God is good! Happy new year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...