Our Boys

Thursday, December 30, 2010

20 weeks until BB Arrives

First, I should explain that ever since Brett and I found out that we were pregnant, I hated the idea of not having something to call the baby. Brett and I started joking around calling each other Baby Mama and Baby Daddy so the baby naturally turned into Baby Baby. That didn't exactly roll off the tongue so we shortened it to BB and it has stuck. When I talk to the baby or about the baby I refer to him/ her as BB.

Tuesday marked a pretty big milestone in our pregnancy - half way! It also marked our big ultrasound. Fortunately, Brett was able to go into work late so that he could come to the appointment with me.

Due to some concerns throughout this is actually our third ultrasound. We just had one three weeks ago, but it is still amazing every time we see that little baby moving around on the screen. Even more amazing, is that the baby is so small but all of it's important parts are visible. We have seen its bran, spine, vertebrae, stomach, heart, fingers, toes, jaw, nose, eyes, etc.

We also found out at this ultrasound that our baby is a little big - 14 ounces! They aren't changing my due date because it could certainly even out, but apparently my big appetite is going straight to BB. And maybe a little to my stomach, thighs and hips!

The best part of being pregnant so far has just happened in the past few weeks - we have been able to feel the baby move. I felt some things at first that I suspected were the baby, but in the past 2 weeks, I am sure. Brett and my Mom have even been lucky enough to catch some pretty good kicks and last night I saw my stomach move during one the those big kicks! It is the most amazing thing in the world to feel this little thing wiggling around and know that before we know it, she/he'll be wiggling in our arms!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...