Our Boys

Thursday, June 23, 2011

What did people do before electricity???

We have a 6 week old baby. My parents are coming to visit this weekend and will be here for a little while and then my brother and his friend will crash our house for a week. Owen is being baptized on Sunday. So - we have a few things going on. What better way to spend my day yesterday than packing up our refrigerator and freezer into coolers of ice because our power went out?!?!?! For 22 hours! The storm Tuesday night was horrendous. The wind was 75 MPH, the thunder unbearable and the tornado sirens were going off. Then to top it all off - it all went dark.

Fortunately, my dear friend Natalie brought the ice over (because the stores near our house were either closed or out of ice) and soothed my crying baby while I took care of house needs. THANK YOU!!!!

Last night I got so desperate, I took owen toWhole Foods so I could get dinner and use their free WiFi. What did people do before they had electricity and the internet?!?!?!

I should get  the "Mother of the Year" Award for taking Owen out yesterday just so I could get a  Starbuck's fix (don't judge, we had no power). I dropped everything at about 10 and threw him in the Jeep with nothing but my wallet. By the time we got there, it was raining again. Hard. And the wind? Blowing. Sideways. Not going to stop me. We ran inside and I can't even describe the look on his face. He was soaking wet and in shock I think of the wind :-) Well, I splurged and got a venti (I should at least make the trip worth it, right?) and we braved it to the car again. Only this time, I was a better mother. I put napkins all over him so he wouldn't get as wet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...