Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk (I used a cup)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (I used a cup; also made my own with some chicken base and the water I boiled the chicken in)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (I used 1 lb.; not sure how that compares to 2 cups)
- 1/4-1/2 cup chicken wing sauce (I used closer to 1/2 cup and it was SPICEY)
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese (forgot to put in)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Saute onions and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Slowly add milk and broth.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring occasionally, until cheese has melted.
- Serve with biscuits, breadsticks crescent rolls, or crushed tortilla chips.
*So it really was good, but it was super thick and didn't make much at all. So next time, I would use 2 cups of milk (actually probably half and half) and 2 cups broth, maybe even more, because it needed a lot more broth. I also would not put the velveeta in, I think that seems odd, but I think I would add 4 ounces of cream cheese instead.