Our Boys

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Worst Blogger Ever Award

Yep - that is the award I am giving myself for my lack of posting over the last two weeks. I received the following email tonight:

Marissa,
Are you guys ok? No blog-aganza in over 2 weeks???? You've got me worried.
Love you,
Aunt Z

And so I decided that it was time to catch y'all up on where in the world the Clancys have been. I don't even know where to begin because we have just been so darn busy.

1. My baby brother turned 18 on June 27. Happy Birthday buddy!

2. We attended a wedding of the brother of a long time friend of Brett's. He's always been close with their family and it was such a great night! Who doesn't love a good time in Bloomington!


3. The Brownlees came to town! The first night here, we had a delicious meal of ribs cooked on the grill by the Mr. and they were YUMMY!!! I managed to get a picture of everyone tearing the meat off the bone and Brett got a good one of my - very dirty and a little embarrassing! As always, they did not disappoint with the amount of work they got done. Thanks to Dad the fence and garage is painted and thanks to Mom the flowers are happy and the jungle is gone form behind the garage. Scott - as always supervised.


4. We went to the July 4th Cubs game and spent the entire day in Wrigleyville with the Bergers and their friends. What a day!


5. We had a yard sale this weekend so that pretty much took up all of last week trying to get organized and ready for the sale. It was lots of fun though simply for the fact that people that come to yard sales are...interesting.

6. We had a girls day at Wrigley...Natalie, Jess, Sam and I headed to Wednesday's game and had a blast. A little rain never stopped us from having fun!

6. And last, but certainly not least, we just finished Week 3 of training! That means 9 weeks until the race. Today was our longest run yet - 5 miles - and it was the first time I have ever run that far. It has certainly not been easy but very rewarding.

That's all for now...our schedules don't seem to hold much down time in the future so it may be another two weeks until I post. Scott is coming to visit again this week, a few weddings coming up, summer school wraps up this week, and I have a some good news to report soon. It is exciting but I will wait until I have time to give it a post unto itself. However, it does not involve babies!!!


Well wishes to all my friends and family who read. I love that I have this outlet to let you all know what is going on in our crazy life. I have recently been feeling a little overwhelmed by everything but I am reminded on a daily basis that my life is filled with the most wonderful people to support me. For that I thank you all!

3 comments:

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Sometimes I "vacate" the ol' blog for awhile, too. I think it's good for you! And it sounds like you've been keeping GOOD busy, which is awesome!

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK!
LOVE,
AUNT Z

Anonymous said...

To all that read this blog- i agreed to work my butt (BIG ASS) off in the yard only if there was a promise that there would be no pics of me posted- especially looking like i had not slept for days nor showered!!! If i could replant all the weeds & shrubs that i tore out- i just might do that!!!! Lovey, MOMMA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...