Our Boys

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Treats for Us and Puppies

Lucy and Tucker have had a guest for the past three weeks - there cousin Hera! Hera's mom was away on a pseudo-vacation so we kept Hera while she was gone. She is such a great dog (except that she sheds big time and it kind of makes me cray but I love her) and Lucy and Tucker love having her around. They especially enjoyed chasing each other around the yard and then relaxing with an ice cream treat....
I used to buy the peanut butter Frosty Paws for the dogs, but they are a bit pricey at about $1 per cup. I started making my own and the dogs love them just as much, if not more. I started making them in Dixie cups, but Lucy tends to get overly excited about the ice cream and eat the whole cup so I started using recycled plastic cups from individual serving sized apple sauce, fruit cups, and jello that Brett and I take in our lunch and then wash out. Once you have a few you can sue them over and over. I simply fill the cups half way with either plain or vanilla yogurt and then put a dollop of peanut butter right in the centre. Place in the freezer and the puppies with have a delicious and inexpensive treat on these hot summer days!

Now, we wouldn't the puppies getting all the good stuff so here's a recipe for the humans in your family....S'more Pie! I am a sucker for a S'more and I have to say this is pretty good.
1 graham cracker crust (the 2 extra serving size)
2 1/2 cups cool whip, divided
1 bag regular size marshmallows
3/4 cup milk
6 oz. hot fudge
1 reg. size Hershey bar + some to shave
  • Place marshmallows, milk, and Hershey bar in a saucepan on low-med. heat. Cook until all ingredients are melted and mixed together, stirring constantly. Remove form heat and let cool.
  • Mix 1 c. cool whip into marshmallow mixture.
  • Spread warmed hot fudge evenly in the bottom of the crust.
  • Pour marshmallow mixture over hot fudge and top with remaining cup of cool whip. Garnish the top with shaved chocolate if desired.

1 comment:

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Both recipes actually sounds pretty delicious, and I'm obviously human, ha! Hope you all had a great weekend - the pups all with their eyes closed are too cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...