Our Boys

Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

This weekend was full of Springtime activities. Saturday spent the day Spring cleaning. It feels so nice to have the house back together and almost entirely clean. Sunday morning we went to the church and then went to a local coffee shop, La Spiaza to spend some quiet time together. I still participate in the childhood belief that if you "give it up for Lent, you can have it on Sundays"! Hee-hee! So, I had a carmello late...YUMMY! We chatted for a while about a little bit of everything, mainly which direction we want to go with our house. We love our house, we really do, but there are some things that we have decided that we "need", mainly a bigger kitchen and another bedroom. When we got home ( Brett decided at the end of church that working in the yard could count for going to gym), we got straight to work. We raked up the remainder of the leaves that were still lingering, cleaned out my flower bed, and I planted some seeds (idea from Barefoot in The Park) in egg cartoons so that I could get a jump start on my basil and oregano.
Spending time outside was wonderful and makes me that much more antsy for the weather to permanently be nice. I noticed the following signs of spring:

Live Forevers

Daffodils

Irises
Peonies

Something my mom planted that I don't remember what it is, but I will know when I find the map she drew :-)

Balloon Flower
Don't rememebr what it is but I know I planted it



For dinner, I made "Your Spaghetti". Basically it's penne, a jar of sauce, ground turkey, and whatever else I decide to add. Brett calls it my spaghetti because he thinks it's funny that I refer to penne noodles as spaghetti when there is clearly a HUGE difference. Just another silly little joke that only we find funny! Anyway, it turned out super good because I sauteed 2 tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, some chopped onion, spinach, and spices before adding it to the jar of sauce. Delicious!


Have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...