Our Boys

Monday, March 2, 2009

Where did the weekend go?


It's seems like it was only a few minutes ago that Brett and I were sitting at the table eating a fabulous dinner on Friday nigh prepared by me! I cooked Salmon with mango and pineapple chutney and brown rice with red pepper, pineapples, ad red onions. Brett's opinion, "This is awesome!". I just love it when I make something that good. I also made some homemade salsa that turned out "awesome" as well.




Saturday, Brett went in to work and I did chores around the house. After lunch we went to the gym and then Brett's sister, Cari, came over to come to church with us. I was so happy to have her come with us. Saturday evening, the rest of Brett's family came over to celebrate the many birthdays in February and March. Cari loved her collectible cow that we got her from Cow Parade. We ordered pizza and I made a cake. Brett and I sampled the new natural pizza from Pizza Hut. After doing some research I found that there isn't a lot of difference, mainly just that the crust is whole wheat. We opted for ham and pineapple instead of usual (and very greasy) sausage and actually, the pizza was wonderful!


On Sunday Brett attended a golf show that was little disappointing and I spent a quiet day at home. I did, after some encouragement from Cari on Saturday night, get my knitting out and sorted all my yarn. I also finished a project for someone (who reads this blog so shall remain nameless) that I started quite a while ago. After Brett got home, he made me breakfast for dinner as promised: gingerbread waffles and sausage. All I can say is, "Oh! My! Gosh!". They were amazing and I absolutely stuffed myself. It was a Racheal Ray recipe found online that Brett followed to a tee! He is the waffle maker of the house and they are always extra fun to eat because the waffle maker we have makes them in circus shapes. How fun is that?!

Well, I hope everyone have a wonderful week! Stay warm and think Spring!

4 comments:

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Wow, you certainly had a weekend full of cooking! And it all sounds SO good too. And good to know about the pizza thing- I'm always hesitant when "fast food" tries to go healthy on me, ha!

Sandra said...

Those waffles sound delicious! Yummy!

d.a.r. said...

Okay I need to try those waffles now, they sound divine!!!

The Purple Carrot said...

That looks like a delicious Friday night dinner!! (I like it when I make something that get's an "awesome", too ; )
I've been wanting to make salsa lately, I'll have to check out the recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...