Our Boys

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Think Pink

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Everywhere you go you see various companies doing their part by producing their product in the "think pink" color. Over the Christmas holiday I was made aware of an important person in my life that was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to undergo a double mastectomy. My mom's boss, also a long time friend, was also diagnosed and is undergoing the same procedure. Well ladies, it is not, October, but I urge you to "Think Pink". Say a prayer for those you know and those you don't living with this disease. Buy something with a pink ribbon on it to do your part. Get a mammogram to protect yourself. Whatever it is---Save the Ta Tas!!!




2 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog! I'm glad you said hi and that I have been able to look at your blog today. I always love finding blogs of other runners. Feel free to say hi at any time or if you ever have questions about how I train or anything, ask away. I'm healing from my fracture and will be running again in a few weeks. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Hi to all of Marissa and Brett's bloggers!

Marissa, I applaud your "Think Pink" attitude - how about taking it even a proactive step further. In October, officially Breast Cancer awareness month, I registered to be part of the Army of Women research project. My friend Oprah and Dr. Susan Love told me all about it ~ a nationwide call for women of all ages, sizes, colors, health status ~ no breasts,two breasts, one breast ~ mothers, daughters, sisters ~ you get the idea. Go to armyofwomen.org for information - it was easy to register - just some basic health info and demographic info. You will be invited to participate in appropriate studies ~ you may always accept the invitation or decline ~ some studies are simply surveys, some more involved, but it's your option. Think about this as a way to help find a cure or affect the path for our sisters, moms, daughters and dear friends!

With love,
Aunt Zoe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...