Our Boys

Monday, November 10, 2008

"Her Last Fling Before the Ring"

Let's just start by saying I love Natalie (get your mind out of the gutter). When I moved to Chicago one of my biggest fears was meeting people and establishing relationships that I have become accustomed to. I mean if you know me, you know I am a people person. I have lots of friends and I like to be around them! When I got my job at Central I was truly blessed to be working in a department with a lot of young girls who were basically at the same point in their lives that I was. I met Natalie very early on and we became really good friends. We because even better friends when we entered into the same (horrible) Master's program and spent one night a week together for two years. I may have mentioned this before, in fact I think I have, but I just wanted to mention again what an amazing person Natalie is and how excited Brett and I are for their wedding. So many people get caught up in the planning and the material part of their wedding, but I can honestly say that Natalie and Jason just can't wait to be Mr. and Mrs. It reminds me a lot of Brett and I and it is very refreshing. I digress because, really, this post is supposed to be about her bachellorette party.

Most of the girls at the comedy show
On with it...Saturday was Nat's bachellorette party hosted by her very close friend Abby. We all met at Abby's (who lives in the city and graciously let us all crash at her place) for some drinks, apps, games, and presents. We also left there with tattoos of a male body part, but I am trying to keep this clean. Anyway, we were off to a comedy/ drinking show that was an absolute riot. If you live in the city and need something different to do for a night I highly suggest the comedy show titled, Bye, Bye, Liver. What a riot! It is an interactive comedy show intermixed with drinking games.


This would be Mr. Bye, Bye Liver, himself
The best part tickets are $15 and where else in Chicago can you get a bucket of 5 beers for $12...that would be all of NOWHERE!!!!!! After that we cabbed it to North, Milwaukee and Dame and hung out the rest of the night at a rather fun bar. Jess and I shared a cab to the bar and it needs to be noted that it was the single smelliest cab in the entire city of Chicago and that is really saying a lot. It took a while but Natalie got a few drinks in her and enjoyed playing games with her wand that again was made of a male body pat (family show! which is why the pictures, other than this one, from this part of the night are noticeably absent). Around 2, Amy, Jess and I headed to Flash Taco (rumor has it that it was closed for 6 months due to a case of Salmonella; but, hey, it's open not, right?) for some much needed burritos. Back to Abby's and we watched a video of pics and spent the rest of the night snapping inebriated photos and bouncing on air mattresses.









By the end of the night, I felt like I was back in high school having a really fun girls only slumber party. There is much to be said about the company of your girlfriends at 4 in the morning. Cheers to a great night, ladies!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI!!! I'm so glad that we are finally connected in the blogosphere. I love your blog already and this post was a fantastic recap of our night out on the town :-) Wish I would have been there for the sleepover. Next time!! I'm looking forward to staying in touch thru these lovely things we call "blogs." xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...