Our Boys

Friday, November 14, 2008

Souper Sunday Week 11 Preview

So I want to try a new soup this weekend from my BFF Rachael Ray.

Total side bar...when you go to yahoo and search Rachael Ray you get several web and image results...please tell me why this is the first image result?


Anywho!!!! A girlfriend of mine gave me the recipe and I was too sleepy last weekend to try it. It's called Chorizo Tomato Stew and you serve it with homemade garlic croutons. My mouth is watering all ready. You'll have to wait until after I make it though for the recipe. However, since it 's going to snow and I am holding on to autumn as long as possible, here's a recipe from my faaaaaaaabulous Aunt Zoe for Butternut Squash Soup. I haven't made it but she's pretty trustworthy so I think you'd be OK to go ahead and give it a try. Here it is, straight from her email...

1 med. butternut squash (about 2 1/4#) - peel & cut into 1/2" cubes
1 small onion - sliced
2 small cans chicken broth (if you want to be Martha Stewart, make your own, but I don't want to know about it. It'll be your own dirty little secret!)
2 T. butter (Yes, I used real butter!)
1/8 t. pepper
1 pinch nutmeg

425 oven.
Layer squash and onions in baking dish. Pour one can broth over. Dot with butter. Sprinkle pepper & nutmeg. Cover with foil. Bake till tender - about 40 min.
Cool slightly. Puree in blender with remaining broth till smooth. (I used extra broth.) Transfer to saucepan. Bring to gentle boil. Top with whipping cream and spr. of nutmeg.


(Alright, Aunt Zoey, this was a nice shout out to you with no teasing about your (lack of) technical knowledge. Now you have to leave a comment!)

3 comments:

Fidelity Reconstruction said...

Hi Marissa...jenna from the cogski blog and nat's bach party last wkend. i found ur blog!!! love it!! have a good wkend!!!
~ Jenna

Anonymous said...

That picture is just not right! Let me know how the soup turns out....when I make the croutons, I just use normal wheat bread, toast it, rub garlic on it then put on some olive oil, and then put it on the bottom of a bowl and pour the soup on top. Be careful with the chorizo because it cooks really fast and burns easily!

Anonymous said...

OK, so now you REALLY know how techno-imcompetant I am - I didn't know that you need to post the comment on the blog entry that you're commenting upon - refer to the comment posted to Baby it's Cold Outside!
z

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...